Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By yodaorange

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 4/3/14 3:05 PM
  • Number: 448513
  • Recommendations: 67
Unless you have been living under a rock, you likely have heard about Michael’s new book: “Flash Boys: A Wall Street Revolt.” [1] Michael has blanketed the media starting with 60 Minutes last Sunday. He has appeared on the major networks plus CNBC,
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/12/14 12:26 AM
  • Number: 76432
  • Recommendations: 15
The Commonwealth fight just got a little more interesting.

From Bloomberg:

Billionaire investor Sam Zell has joined a slate of nominees by investors seeking to
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/1/14 6:24 PM
  • Number: 76115
  • Recommendations: 31
The 2013 REIT Board Pick 6 results are in. After several years of outperforming the broad market, REITs underperformed in 2013. Maybe it was REITs time to take a year off and rest up. Here are the median returns without dividends for the pertinent
(Continued...)
  • Date: 12/1/13 8:45 PM
  • Number: 75802
  • Recommendations: 18
TJ said: The only interest rate risk in buying bonds on leverage is that your margin (borrow) rate may rise in the out years of a longer investment.

Tj, there are a few other risks in using margin to buy WRT.

1) Interact
(Continued...)
  • Date: 12/1/13 5:00 PM
  • Number: 75796
  • Recommendations: 34
. . . is not a new television show this season. Since the “taper talk” started in May 2013, REIT commons and preferreds are down. The median equity REIT is down 13.0%, Mortgage REITS are down 13.4%, REIT preferreds are down 8.60%. There are 21
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/12/13 12:06 AM
  • Number: 431341
  • Recommendations: 37
Yoda has been hearing voices in his head recently. It must be what Sybil experienced a few decades ago.[1] They probably make a drug to treat this, but I have avoided seeking medical help. Investing help YES, medical help NO. One of the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/11/13 2:19 AM
  • Number: 75086
  • Recommendations: 4
Just to clarify, I have NEVER endorsed or owned NLY. The only two MREITs we own are CLNY and STWD. We also own CLNY-pA. As I mentioned in my original reply, CLNY and STWD are the most agressive and speculative investments we have. NLY was and is too
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/11/13 2:15 AM
  • Number: 75085
  • Recommendations: 9
Sailrmac said: This is going to be very unpopular post but I don't think you know what you are talking about when it comes to mREIT's.

Sailr, I am glad to hear your comments on MREIT hedging. I take no offense being told I don't know
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/8/13 5:29 PM
  • Number: 431128
  • Recommendations: 5
A Drumlin, thanks for the tip about Cheat River Gorge. It looks like another fine West Virginia river. West Virginia offers some mighty fine whitewater rapids with both the Gauley and New River. They have some of the highest rated (Class 5) rapids,
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/8/13 3:54 PM
  • Number: 75067
  • Recommendations: 10
From the WSJ:

A group of activists in a heated real-estate investment trust battle won a victory this week, but the fight is far from over.

An arbitration panel has ruled on a key issue in favor of a group led by

(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z