Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By yodaorange

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 5/29/16 5:44 PM
  • Number: 497366
  • Recommendations: 6
jaagu said: "Please provide some examples."

From a Chicago Tribune story verbatim:

Millionaires are leaving Chicago more than any other city in the United States on a net basis, according to a new

(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/29/16 4:18 PM
  • Number: 497362
  • Recommendations: 7
Jaagu wrote: "Chicago is still a thriving city."

Jaagu, this is precisely my point that Chicago is a different case from all of the other distressed municipalities like Stockton, Detroit, Atlantic City, Puerto Rico etc.
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/28/16 6:23 PM
  • Number: 497325
  • Recommendations: 28
Yoda has lowered his rating of Chicago from Hold to Sell. He would go to sell short if that was an option. The lowered rating was prompted by Illinois Governor Raunerís veto of State Bill 777 yesterday. A few background facts:

1) Chicago
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/27/16 4:53 PM
  • Number: 80133
  • Recommendations: 17
NWVillager asked: "Do you follow small cap MNR?"

NWV, I do not follow MNR closely. They raised the quarterly dividend from 15 cents to 16 cents last December. This was the first dividend increase since Q4 2005. To their
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/26/16 9:27 PM
  • Number: 80125
  • Recommendations: 20
CMFMutwa asks: "With the caveat of 'most', it looks like ROIC is largely triple net. Is that correct?"

Mutwa, I wish REITNUT was off the injured reserve list and could answer this question. He would know the more
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/26/16 1:00 AM
  • Number: 497187
  • Recommendations: 5
Knightof3 wrote: Bottom line for my previous post: I think Rauh and Yoda are confusing asset return rates with liability discount rates

Knight, I agree with intercst. What Rauh and I were both referring to is the assumed asset
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/25/16 3:28 AM
  • Number: 497115
  • Recommendations: 18
Excellent post imuafool! Certainly an important Macro topic.

I should point out that Rauh is a controversial figure in the pension world. He has been widely publishing results like these since he was at Northwestern before he went to
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/25/16 3:02 AM
  • Number: 497114
  • Recommendations: 4
Intercst said: I understand it fairly common for pilots to log flight hours while asleep, but this is ridiculous.

Intercst, on very long flights, commercial planes carry two sets of pilots/co-pilots. The first set flies for X hours,
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/25/16 1:21 AM
  • Number: 80113
  • Recommendations: 17
From the Wall Street Journal:

A real-estate firm that has been a favored investment of Tennessee Republican Sen. Bob Corker is under investigation by federal law-enforcement officials for alleged accounting fraud, according to people
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/25/16 12:52 AM
  • Number: 80112
  • Recommendations: 18
Bloomberg ran a story on warehouse space today. The only REIT it mentioned was DCT which is medium size. The largest industrial space REIT is Prologis (PLD). While this article does not mention PLD, it does help explain their strategy of
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z