Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By yodaorange

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 7/24/16 9:52 PM
  • Number: 80555
  • Recommendations: 3
With the recent issue of PSA-pD @ 4.95% coupon yield, I thought it was time to review a bit of Financial Physics. Yoda failed this class last time around and sure hopes to pass this time. Like the laws of real physics, there are laws of financial
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/22/16 10:12 PM
  • Number: 500996
  • Recommendations: 29
I suspect that most METARites would agree about the importance of education. A more highly educated population is an important component of improved productivity. And we all know that improved productivity is the key to an increasing standard of
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/21/16 9:49 AM
  • Number: 80529
  • Recommendations: 2
You can buy all of the PSA-pd that you want at 24.95 to 24.96. Started trading today on the NYSE with its final ticker. PSAPRD or PSA-pD or PSA pD depending on which brokerage you use.
  • Date: 7/21/16 2:22 AM
  • Number: 500873
  • Recommendations: 28
The California Public Employees’ Retirement System aka CALPERS released their investment returns for the year ending June 30th, 2016. The overall return was +0.61% versus an assumed return of 7.5%. The returns for both the last 10 and 15 years are
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/21/16 1:02 AM
  • Number: 80523
  • Recommendations: 12
Jim asked: "Why does anyone hold DFT C in preference to the new PSA D?"

Jim, my guess is that many investors buying these issues do not understand yield to first call. They are desperately seeking yield and only see the current
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/20/16 9:08 PM
  • Number: 80519
  • Recommendations: 28
I have been out of touch for a while, but notice several posts about the current state of REIT preferred yields. There are two main themes for what has “worked” in 2016. One mathematical fact underlies both of these themes. It is: yields are headed
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/15/16 2:36 AM
  • Number: 80487
  • Recommendations: 6
Investment News has a writeup on Preferred Apartment Communities (APTS), which trades on the NYSE. I was not aware they have a non-traded REIT preferred they offer. My first impression is negative, in part because the preferred shares pay a 7% sales
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/13/16 10:36 PM
  • Number: 500301
  • Recommendations: 18
There is some real magic going on in Chicago these days. For many years the magicians were able to make debts, particularly pension debts disappear. Nowhere to be seen.

Houdini must have recently appeared by séance or some other
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/13/16 12:59 PM
  • Number: 500276
  • Recommendations: 1
"Jeff (In Amsterdam)"

Jeff, I am jealous! We love the Rik Museum in Amsterdam. Just have to get past the legal brothels and legal pot places to get there. . .

Yoda
  • Date: 7/12/16 10:52 PM
  • Number: 500229
  • Recommendations: 18
From a Bloomberg story:

Puerto Rico just defaulted on about $1 billion due to bondholders, has declared its debts too crushing to pay and is about to undergo an unprecedented financial takeover by the U.S. government. So what’s next

(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z