Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By yodaorange

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 6/26/16 9:04 PM
  • Number: 499210
  • Recommendations: 4
Jaagu said: "I am curious about your reference to George Soros getting it wrong. Please explain what you think he got wrong?

Verbatim from the New York Times:

Even some of the smartest guys in the room got this one

(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/26/16 8:00 PM
  • Number: 499202
  • Recommendations: 2
Qaz said: "You had me right up to the cucumbers."

Qaz, not a problem, you can skip the cucumber sandwich. Plenty of other things to choose from. Here is the high tea menu from the Ritz in London. It is a short walk from
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/26/16 6:21 PM
  • Number: 499192
  • Recommendations: 26
This is mostly a cut and paste from a post I did on the REIT board. I think it is also pertinent to METAR.

In general, I do not believe anyone knows what the long term US investing impact of Brexit will be. You can make coherent arguments
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/25/16 11:35 PM
  • Number: 80316
  • Recommendations: 23
Here are the results for the one day change in price on 6/24/16 sorted by NAREIT sector and subsector. These are the median returns for each subsector. The data shows a very wide range. Timber and lodging/resorts both lost ~ 4%. At the other
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/24/16 5:26 PM
  • Number: 80308
  • Recommendations: 12
CM said: "I don't run a portfolio of buy and forget."

CM, therein lies part of the difference in our approaches. It is not a case of one being right and the other being wrong. I manage a large number of accounts. Many of them
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/24/16 5:09 PM
  • Number: 80307
  • Recommendations: 2
Bruce, thanks for the kind words. I am always pleased when I can add a little knowledge or experience to others.

Thanks,

Yoda
  • Date: 6/24/16 2:12 AM
  • Number: 80302
  • Recommendations: 6
CM said: "The 2008 financial meltdown is a once-in-a century kind of financial meltdown, meaning it has certain characteristics that are far different from raising rate environments."

CM, even if we assume that 2008 is a once in a
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/23/16 10:29 PM
  • Number: 80299
  • Recommendations: 11
CM said: "I would suggest MFO, this is a 30 yr bond issued by MFA."

CM, this is a bond offered by MREIT MFA Mortgage Investments. I do not follow them at all, but in general MREIT is a four letter word around here. The only two
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/23/16 6:21 PM
  • Number: 80297
  • Recommendations: 8
MonsterFluff said: "However I do wonder about the series Q PLDGP."

MF, several years ago I had a series of posts about the three long call dated REIT preferreds. They are:

Coupon First Yield to

(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/23/16 3:37 PM
  • Number: 80292
  • Recommendations: 10
Excerpt from Reuters article:

With Amazon and other e-commerce sites continuing to take market share from malls and other physical retailers, U.S. mutual fund managers are upping their bets on an overlooked part of the online shopping
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z