Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By yodaorange

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 4/2/15 2:30 AM
  • Number: 78166
  • Recommendations: 29
BG asks: "Is their trouble more related to their bad execution or is there a dark secret relating to the subsector of student housing? IOW, are they a poor player or are they playing on a field that most would have a hard time
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/1/15 10:28 AM
  • Number: 78156
  • Recommendations: 11
Suspended both its common dividend AND preferred dividend. I think this is the first preferred dividend that has been suspended since the 2008 credit crash. . . . UGLY

CCG common
CCG-pA preferred

(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/14/15 2:41 PM
  • Number: 78115
  • Recommendations: 19
Whafa said: "Nobody wants to read about that. If they did, we wouldn't have nearly the retirement savings failure that we have right now."

Whafa, we are in 100% agreement on that. Stated differently, that is why about 150 people
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/14/15 12:30 AM
  • Number: 78113
  • Recommendations: 20
Ears asks: “So is the "entire system" a minnow or shark?”

Executive summary: The “entire system” is the tiny, tiniest minnow you can see with the naked eye. It almost requires a microscope to see it.

Long
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/13/15 6:38 PM
  • Number: 78110
  • Recommendations: 19
Last year, I posted on METAR about Michael Lewis’ “Flash Boys.”

http://boards.fool.com/michael-lewis-hft-fishing-for-minnows...

The short
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/13/15 1:25 AM
  • Number: 78104
  • Recommendations: 1
Tj wrote: "The 6.6 cents should go to those who bought today or who buy it any time before 4/15."

TJ, I found the old thread that somewhatcovered this topic.

(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/12/15 10:07 PM
  • Number: 78101
  • Recommendations: 3
As I reread the PSA announcement they claim that are going to pay additional accrued dividends from 4/1 through 4/15. This is a different policy from what they used to do. This will amount to about 6.6 cents extra. However, I think they
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/12/15 9:50 PM
  • Number: 78100
  • Recommendations: 5
. . . just as we all expected PSA called this for 4/15/15. Please note that I do NOT think PSA pays interest from 4/1 through 4/15. We went through this several years ago on the board. I argued that PSA shortchanged investors, another REITster
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/4/15 2:00 AM
  • Number: 78051
  • Recommendations: 15
Duration, thanks for posting about bond defaults. I suspect most of the folks around here (REITsters) have not modeled the capital stack and/or recovery rates for bonds. As you know much better than I do, it is an area of specialty typically used
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/2/15 9:54 PM
  • Number: 78041
  • Recommendations: 35
Attached is the list of all REIT preferreds with several pieces of information:

NAREIT Sector and Subsector

The First Call Date

Coupon Yield which is the yield when the issue trades at “par”, typically $25 per
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z