Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recommended Messages By yodaorange

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 10/3/10 1:32 AM
  • Number: 340959
  • Recommendations: 104
Yesterday (10/1/10) the SEC and the CFTC issued their report on the 5/6/10 Flash Crash. It is 104 pages with lots of pretty multicolor charts that illustrate various aspects of the crash. After reading the report over, I started to write up the most
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/10/12 7:59 PM
  • Number: 397699
  • Recommendations: 103
. . . has NOTHING to do with what Barclay’s did IMO. With all due respect to TMFSinchiruna’s excellent article, I have an entirely different view of the situation.

Is anybody surprised that:

a) Barclay’s lied about their true
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/21/11 10:34 PM
  • Number: 355237
  • Recommendations: 101
Sometimes you see a statement appear in print and you say to yourself: “This can’t possibly be true, sounds exaggerated, probably an urban legend.” Then you see it again and again ad infinitem. Eventually if you see it enough, you might start
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/21/11 1:42 AM
  • Number: 366265
  • Recommendations: 91
I see a lot of debate about the importance of being able to deduct mortgage interest related to homeownership. LEAVING THE POLITICS ASIDE, I wanted to understand what effect it would have in the nominal case. So I built a model with the following
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/20/13 4:36 PM
  • Number: 418524
  • Recommendations: 90
Look Around the Poker Table; If You Can’t See the Sucker, You’re It [1]

With every breath of financial air you take it these days, you get a dose of the Cyprus banking fiasco. By now, everyone knows the basic situation:

1) Cy
(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/25/12 11:41 AM
  • Number: 409518
  • Recommendations: 90
You likely have seen or heard about all of the US job openings that are unfilled due to “the skills gap.” This is despite the unemployment rate being in the ~8% to ~20% depending on which metric is used.

One explanation offered by
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/28/11 12:52 AM
  • Number: 352908
  • Recommendations: 87
I might be wrong, but it strikes me that the day of reckoning on unfunded liabilities has already started. In looking over the Wisconsin, New Jersey and Washington situations, they all look about the same to me. In these three cases, plus many more,
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/24/11 9:54 PM
  • Number: 355524
  • Recommendations: 86
A few weeks ago, I posted an article about how US corporations shift their revenues and profits around the world to lower their taxes. The headline company mentioned was Google that saved ~ $3 billion in taxes. Looks like they need to fire their tax
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/24/13 12:08 AM
  • Number: 421331
  • Recommendations: 85
Tonight PBS aired the Frontline program entitled: The Retirement Gamble [1]

The bottom line message it delivered was that middle income American’s are not well set for retirement. 401K’s have largely replaced defined benefit
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/16/11 4:10 PM
  • Number: 351739
  • Recommendations: 84
Rolling Stone writer Matt Taibbi is taking on Wall Street again with a new article entitled "Why Isn't Wall Street in Jail." I have not seen any revolutionary new information in the article. It does contain many details on cases that were
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z