Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By captainccs

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 7/30/16 10:36 PM
  • Number: 501336
  • Recommendations: 1
¿Did you guys miss the recent tread where a fool says that anyone who everyone knows is guilty should be punished without further ado?

We are now in the age of slave labor and justice by lynch mob. Grease the Guillotine! Knot the Rope!
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/30/16 9:20 PM
  • Number: 501331
  • Recommendations: 0
Wasn't that approach already tried by Mao and then by Pol Pot?

And Castro. Slave labor has been out of favor for a while now.

The Captain
  • Date: 7/30/16 9:15 PM
  • Number: 78249
I just did, interesting, but I no longer buy new companies, only old, time tested ones with great growth records. If they have a Klein chart, better. I sold ARM to take the Softbank profits. If the deal fails (not likely) I might buy
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/30/16 3:25 PM
  • Number: 20585
  • Recommendations: 7
Denny,
I think the comparison to the broader market index is valuable. It's the verification that all the work that goes with stock picking is actually worth it or not. If you can't beat the market, than its better to buy an index

(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/30/16 12:32 PM
  • Number: 501308
  • Recommendations: 1
Working as a teenage messenger is not an impediment to reach wealth and power. Andrew Carnegie was born in 1835.

1849 (age 14)
Andrew works as messenger.

Andrew works as a messenger boy in a telegraph office, earning

(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/30/16 12:21 PM
  • Number: 20583
  • Recommendations: 2
Saul:

Our portfolios are so different that I won't comment on individual stocks but I like to comment on:

We keep having people warning that the market is frothy, extended, and overvalued.

If you are a stock
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/29/16 7:42 PM
  • Number: 24388
HFC is hitting a 4-year low in stock price, and the dividend yield is up over 5% now, w/ lowest price-to-book in 15 yrs.

HollyFrontier Corp. is the most beat up stock on my fast growers list, down 55.4% from the March 2013 all
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/29/16 4:45 PM
  • Number: 501258
July is my best market month this year in part thanks to Brexit. The falling GBP and the need to reassure potential future trading partners played a role in letting Japan's Softbank buy Britain's ARM Holdings without any opposition and at a
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/29/16 12:04 PM
  • Number: 501238
  • Recommendations: 3
The underlying cause is student debt.

And what is the underlying cause of student debt?

If money is everywhere and always the cause of inflation then it must be the drive to make everyone have a higher education degree by
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/29/16 11:56 AM
  • Number: 501237
The rest of the EU takes note, they desist from leaving, and the EU becomes stronger.

Britain has agreed to sell their crown jewel of technology, ARM Holdings, to Japan (I sold my shares ASAP). When will RR be up for grabs?

The
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z