Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By captainccs

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 2/6/16 9:30 PM
  • Number: 489367
  • Recommendations: 2
John Mauldin's latest Thoughts from the Front Line is very pessimistic. He figures that $100 trillion in oil wealth has been destroyed by oil falling from $100 to $30 a barrel. Simple arithmetic: 1,700 billion barrels of proven reserves times
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/6/16 9:02 PM
  • Number: 489364
  • Recommendations: 0
I was curious about this, so I was trying to find a region that has high humidity but low groundwater--my google skills have failed. Do you know of some examples?

I'm afraid you misunderstood my post. Funny because I rewrote it to
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/6/16 10:40 AM
  • Number: 41895
I'm holding off buying because I think it will get worse before it gets better. I'm recovering some of my losses selling covered calls.

Denny Schlesinger
  • Date: 2/6/16 8:48 AM
  • Number: 16422
  • Recommendations: 1
As you might guess there is a story here but it is VERY off topic for this board.

Yes, I suppose it is.

Limiting to a purely monetary perspective, ... seems to me a very strange limitation and the differentiation is
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/6/16 7:56 AM
  • Number: 489328
I have one thing in common with Joe Montana, we both visited the same back doctor in Palo Alto. Dr. Haas saved me from back surgery which eventually I had to have years later.

The Captain
  • Date: 2/6/16 7:41 AM
  • Number: 489327
One of the problems (easily solved) of distilled water (rain, etc.) is the lack of minerals. Ground water leaches them from the ground. The easy and cheap solution is to add a grain or two of sea salt to the water.

The Captain
  • Date: 2/6/16 7:26 AM
  • Number: 489325
  • Recommendations: 4
Productivity is a prime cause of unemployment:

A final example: in 1790, the year of the first U.S. census, upward of 90 percent of the labor force worked in agriculture. In the year 2000, less than 1.4 percent of the labor force was so
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/5/16 6:24 PM
  • Number: 16401
Perhaps my perception is warped. I've had a stock loose 98% of its value, another 90%; I sold both and never looked back.

Losing a position is not all that unusual, that's why we diversify and it's not what I was referring to. When
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/5/16 5:46 PM
  • Number: 489298
I see no merit in your dismissal of PG&E incompetence.

jaagu

I'm afraid you'll have to jog my memory, maybe provide a link to where I "dismiss PG&E incompetence." Must be the Alzheim guy catching up
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/5/16 3:12 PM
  • Number: 489282
1. Bridge is design for x loads. 50 years later the bridge is allowed for 2x loads without any calculations, tests or inspections because the records were lost and nobody was aware. Bridge collapses. (Do you remember the Minneapolis
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z