Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By captainccs

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 5/29/17 7:23 PM
  • Number: 517378
  • Recommendations: 0
Caracas Chronicles used to be a highly respected opposition blog. I don't know who is running it now but I believe the founder left quite a while ago. I could be mistaken. I could not find names on the blog which is understandable considering
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/29/17 6:40 PM
  • Number: 81423
When I bought my SSD MacBook Pro I also replaced the backup hard drives with flash drives. No more spinning disks at my place.

My first ferrite core mainframe dates back to 1961. At some point before 1965 I was imagining replacing tape
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/29/17 2:35 PM
  • Number: 517367
  • Recommendations: 1
The plastics that are out there in the ocean are highly recyclable. Why doesn't someone go out there scoop them up and recycle them. Or if difficult to recycle, burn them for fuel.

I've seen plenty of that stuff during my
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/29/17 2:20 PM
  • Number: 81414
I stopped using my Twitter account. I could not see any benefit for the time spent. I still post when I have a new article at Software Times but that now is seldom.

Can you make a bad thing better by making it brainier with AI? I have my
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/29/17 2:07 PM
  • Number: 28217
Captainccs: so with novo you broke even in 3 years? Or am i reading wrong.

I'm still underwater with NVO.

Please see Sauls last post, i agree with him that i rather have my money not waiting to break even but
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/29/17 1:42 PM
  • Number: 28216
Hi Denny, I think that that is price anchoring. The price is what it is. It has no memory of where it came from. Waiting for it to go back instead of selling can represent a large opportunity loss.

You are on the same wavelength as
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/29/17 11:56 AM
  • Number: 81412
Can their new AI and active video and targeted advertising change all that??? Mark Cuban thinks so.....how about you?

I'll let Father Time tell me..... ;)

Denny Schlesinger
  • Date: 5/29/17 10:53 AM
  • Number: 28205
  • Recommendations: 11
What does it take to decide to sell?

Insufficient expectations for the future or excessive uncertainty. Selling losers is vitally important for good performance. The difficulty is in separating the wheat from the chaff. Price, by
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/28/17 10:40 PM
  • Number: 81405
Also as the picks and shovels play - the champagne companies and hookers did very well out of it.

On Wall Street and also at Klondike.

Denny Schlesinger
  • Date: 5/28/17 2:03 PM
  • Number: 81391
Clayton Christensen needs to learn Silicon Valley Speak: "A solution in search of a problem is not disruptive."

Is he just saying that only useful innovations, ones that do a job , will disrupt?

No. Disruption is
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z