Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By captainccs

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 3/1/15 5:46 PM
  • Number: 66478
  • Recommendations: 2
Check the Date/Time System Preferences. Is "Set date and time automatically" set for all four?

Denny Schlesinger
  • Date: 3/1/15 2:41 PM
  • Number: 6408
  • Recommendations: 0
Glad to see you are still surviving in Vz!

It's a strange situation. Lot's of stuff not available but much of what is is very cheap if you are dollar based. Take a six pack of beer. Where in the US can you get a premium six-pack for
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/1/15 1:58 PM
  • Number: 92
I took advantage of the recent rights offering buying shares at 22 cents and getting two sets of warrants to buy more at 35 and 50 cents. If TRER is a bust I lose the 22 cents but if it succeeds, I get to buy additional shares at winning prices. It
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/1/15 12:23 PM
  • Number: 6400
  • Recommendations: 6
I don't want to get into "An unauthorized analysis of MF results" but investors should be aware of the Pareto or 20-80 distribution. 20% of the stocks in a portfolio should normally produce 80% of the returns. It should not come as a
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/1/15 11:45 AM
  • Number: 6397
Hi creelon, long time no talk!

Each individual investor must manage their level of risk on a portfolio basis and an individual equity basis. IMO, the reason that the stock is at the lower end of the range that Denny referred to is
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/28/15 1:07 PM
  • Number: 6371
  • Recommendations: 3
In the end, uncertainty is the reason the stock market returns are better than other investments. Risk vs reward, it's all about finding the best rewards with the lowest risks, not about eliminating all risk.

Randy
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/28/15 9:12 AM
  • Number: 6366
  • Date: 2/28/15 9:07 AM
  • Number: 21886
  • Recommendations: 5
I have no position in PRA Group and it is always interesting to investigate "Possible Bargains."

To get a feel for the kind of stock we are talking about I like to start by looking at a long term chart. Sorry, no Klein charts,
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/27/15 10:46 PM
  • Number: 75285
  • Recommendations: 4
ISIS is the worst of Islam, who can deny it?

Islamophobia is the same as mysophobia, verminophobia, germophobia, germaphobia, bacillophobia and bacteriophobia, the fear of bad things that can kill you.

Denny Schlesinger
  • Date: 2/27/15 8:15 PM
  • Number: 6361
  • Recommendations: 3
I guess the point of this lengthy post is say that there is a need for good financial advisors.

Chris

Yes, there is. The difficulty is finding one who is both competent and honest. My personal experience is that
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z