Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By captainccs

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 9/1/15 1:48 PM
  • Number: 22992
  • Recommendations: 1
The theory that exercise is as effective as dieting for weight loss is based on the first law of thermodynamics:

"The law of conservation of energy states that the total energy of an isolated system is constant; energy can be
(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/1/15 1:29 PM
  • Number: 22991
  • Recommendations: 0
Imagine an investment environment where only a bullish party line is publicly propagated. It's then effectively a Ponzi scheme with no acknowledged downside, destined for a collapse postponed only by an explosively growing [Chinese] economy.
(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/1/15 9:28 AM
  • Number: 22989
  • Recommendations: 5
When I was younger and drove a Corvette I used to say, "It's not speed that kills, it's that sudden stop." The Corvette's fantastic handling saved me at least once. China is slowing down which means negative acceleration which is what
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/31/15 3:55 PM
  • Number: 22987
Midday Update: Stocks Paring Losses After Oil Rebounds Following OPEC Statement on Production Worries
By MT Newswires, August 31, 2015, 12:57:22 PM EDT

Oil snapped higher mid-morning after the Organization of Petroleum

(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/31/15 3:35 PM
  • Number: 67152
More properly 'solid-state "drive"'

Denny Schlesinger
  • Date: 8/31/15 3:33 PM
  • Number: 67151
Solid State Disk, like a Flash drive, instead of a mechanical spinning platter Hard Disk Drive (HDD).

Denny Schlesinger
  • Date: 8/31/15 2:22 PM
  • Number: 22985
OriginOil had dropped "OIL" from its name.

Yes. They set out initially to produce oil from algae by a chemical free "electro separation" method. This would produce pure oils and edible biomass that could be used
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/31/15 2:09 PM
  • Number: 22984
  • Recommendations: 3
Perhaps this discovery is different....I hope so for all who decide to buy the news...

Poz

Ray Kurzweil says (and I paraphrase as best I can) that we don't know how to think about things we have not thought about
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/31/15 12:58 PM
  • Number: 67143
  • Recommendations: 2
But then..... has anyone had trouble with Yosemite?

Excepting that if feels more like a smartphone than a computer I've had no mayor issues with it. What I really love is the speed the SSD gives the MBPro.

Denny Schlesinger
  • Date: 8/31/15 12:48 PM
  • Number: 22981
drdrab:

Ten years out would not affect my investing strategy. Three years out? Time flies!

Thanks!

Denny Schlesinger
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z