Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By jdp245

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 7/24/14 2:25 PM
  • Number: 1949777
  • Recommendations: 2
He will probably claim sloppy citations, just like Rand Paul (despite the fact that Paul's infractions involved wholesale copying of others' works). Sadly, stories like this have short lives and limited impact.
  • Date: 7/22/14 10:24 PM
  • Number: 1949455
  • Recommendations: 1
Reid packed the DC court with democrats

Only in the mind of a conservative is filling 4 vacant seats "packing" the DC Court. To the rest of us, it is the President and Senate carrying out their Constitutional function.
  • Date: 7/22/14 3:12 PM
  • Number: 1949392
  • Recommendations: 0
I should also point out that it is entirely likely that the DC Circuit will hear this en banc. If the DC Circuit, sitting en banc, reverses the panel, then there would be no circuit split, the Supreme Court would be less likely to pick up the case,
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/22/14 3:03 PM
  • Number: 1949390
Except most voters do NOT receive subsidies.

So what? Democrats will be plastering the nation with stories of families who were finally able to get health care, only to have it yanked away by the refusal of Republicans to fix one
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/22/14 11:25 AM
  • Number: 1949351
Major blow? This is a gut shot; most likely fatal to the law as written.

It is quite predictable how Congress will respond. Democrats will call for Congress to make the simple fix to the language. Republicans will declare victory over
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/21/14 2:33 PM
  • Number: 1949176
I'm a lawyer; I make part of my living arguing through questions. Many points of argument can be made simply by asking the right question. If you want to experience some of the finest examples of arguing through questions, just listen to a Supreme
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/21/14 2:04 PM
  • Number: 1949162
  • Recommendations: 3
Except there is data supporting his reasons for the pay disparity. There isn't for the discrimination case.

Then show us this data. The author certainly did not.
  • Date: 7/21/14 12:53 PM
  • Number: 1949148
He made an argument that absent of discrimination these are the reasons for the pay disparity.

You are too charitable. He made the affirmative statement that the disparity was "not chiefly" the result of
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/21/14 12:47 PM
  • Number: 1949142
I am not making any argument.

Forgive me if I don't buy this.
  • Date: 7/21/14 12:38 PM
  • Number: 1949135
And your statist politicians can not conclude that their is discrimination.

From what I know of the data, I would agree that it is not robust enough to quantify the extent of discrimination. (I do not doubt that discrimination
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z