The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Fool Community Help Desk / Ask A Foolish Question

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/fools-in-canada-10000331.aspx

Subject:  Fools in Canada Date:  4/5/1997  9:25 AM
Author:  DonMcCrady Number:  4 of 267028

This is without a doubt the finest collection of investing knowledge on the planet. Just about every axon in my brain that holds investing knowledge was fired by this site and your book.

However, all of the information here is only directly applicable to US stocks. While we understand that you do not recommend Americans investing in non-US equities, as a Canadian, I don't have as much choice. Many Canadians do their investing under the tax-deferring umbrella of their RRSP's (with a 13500 annual contribution limit, these are a lot more useful than US IRA's). By law, the asset mix in an RRSP must be at least 80% Canadian, leaving 20% for foreign content.

The Motley fool, therefore, helps me about 20% of the time, leaving me 80% to scrounge around for myself.

Could there be a place on this site for Canadian Fools? I would not even be offended if we were relegated to the "51st state" in your "50 states" board.

Best regards, and keep up the great work.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us