The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/on-thu-08-may-97-010245-0600-foolinrussia-10004750.aspx

Subject:  Re: Bad Credit Date:  5/20/1997  9:46 AM
Author:  crazyfred Number:  22 of 308791

On Thu, 08 May 97 01:02:45 -0600, FoolInRussia wrote:
<<Recently, I found out that I have bad credit. The problem occured when I was out of the country and my mail forwarding ended. A Discover bill was not forwarded and sat in my mail box for 3 months. When I arrived home, I had numerous phone messages from Discover and several letters from Discover. I called them immediately. I explained that I was out of the country and that I would pay in full immediately. That was one year ago. Recently, I applied for a credit card and was rejected due to bad credit.

When I got hold of a copy of the credit report, it said that I had been 120 days overdue on this Discover card.

Any suggestions on if and how I can fix this bad credit?

Fool In Russia

>>

Only the creditor can remove the late bill from your records. The first step would be to talk with the credit card company.

If that is not sucessful, I believe that the credit bureaus will allow you to insert a short explanation for any note in the report. I don't have their phone numbers, but all three credit reporting firms have web pages, and their phone numbers are published fairly frequently in such magazines as Money and Kiplingers.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us