The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/re-post-92-59-cc-10011736.aspx

Subject:  re: post 92 - 5.9% CC Date:  7/6/1997  7:30 PM
Author:  ttm Number:  108 of 312189

Two things: As I said, the CC offering has virtually NO mention of what the name of the issuing bank is! Maybe there's an insidious reason for this, I don't know. But it brings up the following "Hint from Heloise": I recommend keeping an extra copy of the remittance address for your CC's. Why? Sometimes I send in multiple pmts a month in order to aggressively pay off the debt. I'm self-employed (president/janitor) and my income can be irregular. Sometimes creamy, sometimes chunky. Most of the time when you send in the coupon, you also send in the only mention of the remit address. Sure, I can plow thru 6 levels of voice-mail to get that address, but a piece of paper works very well, too. Simple, yet nutritious.

Second thing: The card mentioned in #92 has that 5.9% rate for purchases & bal transfers. NOT cash advances.

AL in LA

n the past, I have used multi-credit cards to make large buys at equipment sales. Not so much anymore;
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us