The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  saving for college Date:  10/3/1997  8:55 AM
Author:  stevez Number:  444 of 127638

I was trying to figure out the best way to save for my daughters college
expenses. My wife and I combined have an AGI around $125,000 and
contribute to our employers 401K plan. It seems that the new
Educational IRA is a good way to open a mutual fund account, however, it
limits our contributions to $500/year. If we want to invest more would
it make sense to open a tradional or Roth IRA mutual fund account and
simply take an early distribution for our daughter's educational
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us