The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Investing for retirement Date:  12/12/1997  5:30 PM
Author:  ramsg Number:  898 of 127753

I am looking into long term investment towards
retirement in addition to 401(k) and IRA.

Fools UV4 works fine but at the end of year
when I shuffle fools 4 portfolio I end up paying
capital gains tax. Is there an alternate portfolio
available for a long term where you don't need to
shuffle every year keeping in mind same kind of
returns of UV4. I guess it's OK if I have to shuffle
once every 3 years in which case I guess the capital
gains tax will be drastically reduced when compared
with UV4 portfolio where I have to rearrange the portfolio every year according to UV4 formula.

Any Ideas please reply!! Thanks
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us