The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  Re: Self Directed 401Fool4 Date:  2/7/1998  7:32 AM
Author:  zeemo1 Number:  1671 of 89495

I neglected to mention important info.

What I meant to ask is can one have a fool 4 in a self directed roll over(from an employer 401 to a self directed 401) upon separation from employment.

It is my understanding that the IRS allows equal and substantial withdrawals from a 401 (72T) if one is de-jobbed at 55+ with out the 10% penalty. I would need to withdraw $ monthly to live on as well as have the $ appreciate.
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us