The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Buying or Selling a Home

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/realbro-wrote-quoti-have-read-the-various-10101662.aspx

Subject:  Re: Location, Location Date:  2/10/1998  8:11 AM
Author:  dwright Number:  353 of 127807

realbro wrote:

"I have read the various responses to the initial question regarding the methods to discover acceptable neighborhoods in which to purchase a home and find it puzzling that no one suggested talking to a realtor."

Puzzling? I think not. I would find it puzzling if a potential buyer would seek the advice of someone who profited from pure transaction. Not finding their buyer a home which meets their criterium. Not finding their buyer a home in a better school district. But just getting their buyer to sign. This is the LAST person I would ask for advice regarding neighborhoods. If logistics do not permit visiting various areas, I would guess a few well-placed phone calls, a little Net surfing, or even a post to a 'Folly in...' folder established for various states here on the Fool would result in information regarding desirable neighborhoods.

By the way, would the moniker "realbro" perhaps stand for 'real estate broker'? Just wondering...
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us