The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/gtgtgthmmm-well-know-that-sometimes-i-come-10105154.aspx

Subject:  Re: From Pension to Roth IRA Date:  2/13/1998  4:17 PM
Author:  orangeblood Number:  1769 of 76384

>>>Hmmm, well know that sometimes I come across as acerbic when I don't mean to be.<<<

Me too... it happens to all of us.

>>>So I went back and re-read my posts. I said, "There is a growing schools of thought that for many (if not "most") people, it is NOT a good idea to convert a regular IRA to a Roth. The more I thought about it, the more I tend to agree." I cannot read this as anything but expressing an opinion.<<<

That one, yes. But not this one: "It's starting to look like this isn't a good idea for most people."

As for the the Roth benefits being *indirectly* affected... yes, I agree this is a possibility (as I have stated before).

>>>A1: No, there is no such tax bracker, and you are a mean-spirited rightwing extremist hatemonger for even asking the question.<<<

Is this just another case of you coming across as acerbic when you don't mean to?

orangeblood

Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us