The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Stocks S / Simulation Sciences

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/re-whats-with-smci-10107555.aspx

Subject:  Re: Whats with SMCI Date:  2/17/1998  11:04 AM
Author:  lisagor Number:  9 of 11

Has this investment turned into a pile. I talked to investor relations a few weeks ago and asked if Iwas going to get hit with a surprose earnings debacle. They gave me some bull jargon, lied to their anallysts , sold a secondary offering on poor informatnion, unloaded 1 million of their own shares from their corp 401 and THEN announced poor earnings. They were surprised the analysts and institutions dumped them. What poor management responsibility from a bunch of well educated, but poorly bred leaders. I'm still on board, with an IBD eps of 28 and rvs of 2 and A/D of an E, only because the drop was so presipitous I was stuck. I should have bailed when the price went from 23 to 18, certainly when it bacame a loser for me, but I was confused with general market dropping and with the asian situation and didn't realize, how could I, that SMCI was going to do allthis poor faith business.

I believve now that other than offending investors, institutions and analysts, that SMCI is undervalued and will improve over the next two quarters. I do feel "foollish" holding a stock that I wouldn't buy. Any ideas out there for me on this one? Thanks.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us