The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/gtgtgtwhile-both-market-investors-and-dogs-10108926.aspx

Subject:  Re: The Anti-Motley Fool viewpoint Date:  2/18/1998  10:06 PM
Author:  orangeblood Number:  1851 of 75384

>>>While both market investors and DOGS need a strong economy, DOGS claim to have the ability to cherry pick the market.<<<

Dogs claim only a good chance at beating market averages over the long term.

>>><< First, many scientifically literate people also believe this [environmentalism]. (There is valid reasoning on both sides of this argument.)>>

This answer does not surprise me given your willingness to trust correlation without ESTABLISHING cause.<<<

I have no such willingness. If you wish to discuss this particular environmental issue further, we should do so offline.

>>><<But thus far you have not refuted a single one of the reasons behind the Dow theory, you've only said they don't exist.>>

>DOG advocates are asserting a positive claim and thus are obligated to prove they are right since one cannot, logically, prove a negative.<<<<

Hey, *I* am not the one who started this thread!<g> The reasons why the Dow Dividend approach may be successful (as well as arguments against it) are laid out in the Motley Fool Investment Guide. I find it humorous that you choose not to refute a single one of those reasons.

Regards,

orangeblood
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us