The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  Re: excess 401K contributions Date:  2/23/1998  2:34 PM
Author:  TMFPixy Number:  1933 of 88074


<<Thanks for the simple explanation. Why can't the people at the IRS speak English!!

I assume the returned money is now taxable income?>>

The IRS never keeps anything simple. If they did, they couldn't justify their existence. <g>

And yes, everything that was refunded to your hubby is taxable and will be reported to the IRS.


Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us