The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Stocks X / Xeta Corporation

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-am-pleased-with-this-company-in-general-bought-10113420.aspx

Subject:  Re: Any News? Date:  2/24/1998  5:44 PM
Author:  rcstimac Number:  63 of 466

I am pleased with this company in general. Bought recently at 18 after watching it for 2-3 months. I posted a previous message (about 2-3 months) ago detailing some research I had done. I called Marriott hotel managers in the St. Louis area and had them rank XETA. Out of 7 managers, the average was 8 (with 10 being the best). I also called the account manager at Marriott who called Marriott's relationship with XETA to be "excellent," and did not see any reason for that to change. I do not own Marriott, but I did look at their recent reports, and they are spinning off two companies, thus lowering L/T debt by 2/3's. So, Marriott's 1998 looks good, which means XETA's 1998 looks good too. One has to dig for info on these small companies, but that's the only way to beat the Street. With companies like Lucent trading at 145 P/E ratios, the only good buys are the ones the professionals overlook. Good luck!
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us