The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/ltltit-is-clear-to-me-that-the-solicitation-10115284.aspx

Subject:  Re: Providian Date:  2/26/1998  4:54 PM
Author:  TMFJedi Number:  761 of 308882

<<It is clear to me that the solicitation calls are not made by CC company employees but by hired
guns, er telemarketers. I cannot otherwise explain the fact that we have received calls to enroll in
CC which we have had for 10 (!) years.>>

You're right! I actually worked for one of those companies for a summer. (After that, if I was desperate enough to do telemarketing again, I always did inbound, where we TAKE the calls instead of MAKING them.) Man, do I have some telemarketing stories.... But I digress.

When you get a sales call like that, just very politely tell them that you wish to be removed from their calling list and that any further calls will constitute harassment. The telemarketers themselves can't do much except click on the button that says "remove from list," but they'll do it. If I were really on the ball, I would remember if it is the telemarketing company or the company they're representing who comes up with the list. But I don't.

This is way off-topic, but I thought someone might find this 411 useful.

Kaiti
Jedi in orbit.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us