The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: Investclub cap gain? Date:  3/9/1998  10:35 AM
Author:  TMFTaxes Number:  2515 of 127533

[[Q1) I have a small amount of $15 as the capital gain
Should we include this schedule D or is there any place for this? Beisdes what will I write in the
colums for date of purchese and date of sale?
Is this long term or short term? (likely it could be both)]]

I can only assume that you received your capital gain in the form of a Partnership K-1 form. And you should have also received instructions for that K-1 form which should tell you how to report this gain.

[[ Q2 I have paid some money as legal fees to process
my work visa ( I am from another country). Some where I read that it is deductable as it is a fees
FOR employment. Where do I do this ? Besides Schedule AB
says personal legal expenses are NOT deductable!Help me in this]]

You would report your business expenses on Schedule A as a miscellaneous itemized deduction.

TMF Taxes
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us