The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/tc001-ltltthe-choice-of-roth-or-no-roth-10140770.aspx

Subject:  Re: Honest IRA/Roth Comparisons Date:  3/29/1998  9:32 AM
Author:  TMFPixy Number:  2467 of 75793

tc001,

<<The choice of Roth or no-Roth becomes very difficult to determine. You need to look at you *own* finacial situation, and then try to guess what the future will look like to see if your assumptions make you a winner. The Roth may very well provide many people with income benefits during retirement, or not! Everyone who chooses one way or the other believes that they are right, but no one choice is correct for all people and the one choice you make may not be right for you. But by the time you know for sure it will probably be too late to change.>>

And as I've said so often my fingers are getting tired, that point is the key. We must evaluate this vehicle as it pertains to our own situation based on our own evaluation of an uncertain future. In short:

"Ya makes your choices and ya lives with the results."

This Fool's mama never promised him a rose garden, and I seriously doubt too many other mamas promised their offspring one, either.

Regards……Pixy

Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us