The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: Amend Return or Wait and see? Date:  4/16/1998  9:04 PM
Author:  ataloss Number:  3564 of 127519

The calculation isn't difficult and you will need to do it to allocate basis when (or maybe if) you sell ATT or Lucent shares. The IRS should have a record of this payment and may generate a letter to you. I bet that they have better things to do. By the way, I saw in and IRS email that more than a million taxpayers have failed to file a needed schedule D. In the past this wasn't required for some mutual fund shareholders without other events to report. They are all getting letters to re-file with schedule D.
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us