The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/the-los-angeles-times-has-been-doing-the-same-10159433.aspx

Subject:  Re: Newspaper Advice Date:  4/21/1998  11:39 AM
Author:  cable666 Number:  2961 of 75890

The Los Angeles Times has been doing the same thing for a couple of years now. They have a weekly "Money Makeover" where a financial analyst looks at a family's portfolio, needs, goals, and assets, and makes recommendations.

It it very interesting reading, not because of what funds and stocks the analysist recommend for the future, but because of the examples of mistakes and problems people have had over their lifetimes that they are dealing with. I appreciate learning what doesn't work and how the best laid plans can go wrong.

Not all newspaper articles are worthless. I get something out of it. Just don't make the mistake of making investment decisions based only on info in your newspaper.

BTW: I'm curious about what your local paper said about TMF's April Fools joke. Did they fall for it hook, line, and sinker? Did they print it as a news story? I find it hard to believe that any editor with a even half a brain would not have recognized the joke. After all, it was littered with clues.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us