The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/ltlt-i-keep-getting-interesting-offers-in-the-10166680.aspx

Subject:  Re: 0% APR Date:  4/29/1998  6:51 AM
Author:  Crazyfred Number:  1287 of 308782

<<

I keep getting interesting offers in the mail. Here is the newest: Traveler's Group Platinum Visa: 0%
APR on new purchases through October billing; 6.99% APR on balance transfers; no annual fee;
and all the small perks like travel, auto, and luggage insurance and extended warranty protection.

Will I get the card? Most likely not since I don't have a near term large purchase where I could
keep the money in the bank during the interest free 6 months. But I could use a Platinum card since
I don't have a Gold or Platinum card yet (probably the only one who doesn't). Any
recommendations on one. Interest rate does not matter since I always pay off the charges every
month. The only thing that is important is no annual fee and maybe some small perks.>>

Never saw the point of a platinum or gold card. For a higher fee, you seem to get some meaningless (to me) perks, and a funny colored credit card. Appears merely to be bragging rights.

Crazyfred
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us