The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/crazyfred-says-ltltnever-saw-the-point-of-a-10167922.aspx

Subject:  Re: 0% APR Date:  4/30/1998  11:24 AM
Author:  PSUEngineerFool Number:  1300 of 308661

Crazyfred says:

<<Never saw the point of a platinum or gold card. For a higher fee, you seem to get some meaningless (to me) perks, and a funny colored credit card. Appears merely to be bragging rights.>>

I don't know what fee you are talking about. I get at least 10 platinum card offers a month with no annual fees. The other fees like cash advances are unimportant since I use my card only for purchases. The interest rate is unimportant since I pay the charges off each month.

I don't care what color card I carry except for florescent colors. I don't need robbed at night. But I won't give up my Ringling Bros. card since I get good laughs from the clown on it.

The reason for considering a platinum card is to get the extra perks like extended warranty, purchase protection, car rental insurance, and higher travel insurance. You don't get these perks with the basic cards. I know the chances of collecting on these perks are remote but you never know.

If there is no annual fee and you never have finance charges, I ask, why not get the funny colored cards.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us