The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/warning-i-enrolled-for-their-quotguaranteed-10172506.aspx

Subject:  Re: Providian Date:  5/5/1998  12:47 PM
Author:  CorvetteBarb Number:  1351 of 308881

Warning .... I enrolled for their "guaranteed to beat any interest rate" platinum card. No problem there, until I realized I would have to furnish them quite a bit of confidential info in order to "prove" what interest rate I was already paying. I thought about it, and decided to cancel the card. I never used the card, and actually closed my account before I ever even received it in the mail.

HERE IS WHERE THE WARNING KICKS IN....Ever since that time (early March) I have been harassed by telemarketers from that company. I am talking at least once per week, sometimes two and three times. I have informed them every time they have called that my account is closed, and asked to be put on a "no call" list. The all-time topper was a Providian telemarketer who called on a Sunday afternoon THREE TIMES IN FIVE MINUTES trying to get my husband to open an account. I was so angry over that episode that I wrote a complaint letter to Providian management. I received a written apology from their director of customer communications and assurances that I am now on their "do not solicit" list.

Guess what....their solicitors haven't got the message yet. To date, I have received two additional mailings and three more telemarketing calls.

At this point, I regret ever contacting them in the first place, and I am thinking seriously about changing my telephone number, just to get them to stop calling.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us