The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/thanks-for-the-responses-regarding-rolling-it-10180032.aspx

Subject:  Re: Rollover IRA Date:  5/14/1998  8:18 AM
Author:  Helter Number:  3293 of 86446

Thanks for the responses!

Regarding rolling it into a new plan, I didn't have any plans of doing so - I like the idea of having control. I just wanted to keep my options open, and to decipher what looked like two identical statements, one of which was preceeded by 'conversely', when they didn't seem to be 'converse' at all :)

Kaye, your post is exactly why I wanted to maintain flexibility if possible, since I had no idea about the extra protections you mentioned, my desire to keep it flexible was born of the knowledge that I don't know a whole heck of a lot about the ins and outs of all of these different plans.

I'll roll it over into a self directed (traditional)IRA for now(a rollover one), and if I decide its prudent, I'll open another IRA this year(most likely a Roth, since I can't deduct a standard one anyway). It may be in my best interest to keep more money out of tax-advantaged plans though, I'm growing that quite nicely(maxxed 10k into new 401K) and I'm only 25, so with my current plans, I should be able to retire early. I still have to do the math to figure out how much should be accessible before 65.

Anyone know any good resources for Early Retirement information:
1. how much to tax advantage vs. not.
2. medical insurance costs
3. other budgetary concerns for an early retiree?

Copyright 1996-2017 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us