The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  Changing jobs Date:  5/21/1998  2:02 PM
Author:  mutigers Number:  3403 of 88758

I am changing jobs which is forcing my wife to also chage jobs (relocation). My wife has a retirement benefit cashout/rollover value of about $2600. If she cashes out she would have to pay a 20% penalty and the tax on the amount (not an option) so we would like to rollover the amount. My question is can we rollover to a Roth IRA and pay the tax on the amount over the next four years or are you even allowed to rollover employee sponsored retirement programs to a Roth IRA. Any information about our options would be helpful.


Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us