The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Living Below Your Means

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/in-any-case-i-would-implore-all-of-you-to-10267807.aspx

Subject:  Re: How not to LBYM Date:  8/6/1998  2:55 PM
Author:  PSUEngineerFool Number:  1802 of 886579

In any case, I would implore all of you to support the women in your life in this most difficult choice. Most of the SAH moms I know are vital, smart women who who agonized over the decision to make financial and personal sacrifices to be with their children. Most of the WOH moms I know are smart, vital women who agonized over the decision to work - and although their lives are different than mine, they do seem to be happy with their choice. As is said so often, no one answer is right for everybody. But it helps no one to fan the flames of an already difficult situation with careless comments.

Laura (MomAtHome),

Thank you for making such an eloquent response. It is a difficult decision each family with children have had to make. Not only do we agonize over the initial decision, but many of us continually second guess ourselves to if it was the right decision.

Your writing shows that you are a small, vital women who made the best decision for your family. Your family is truly blessed.

-PSU

Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us