The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Stocks J / JetForm Corporation

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/gtgti-hold-a-bit-of-jetform-and-i-also-folllow-10289953.aspx

Subject:  Re: Some CANSLIM and Technical Thoughts Date:  8/23/1998  4:28 PM
Author:  OzHog Number:  12 of 23

>>I hold a bit of Jetform and I also folllow the Yahoo Finance "Jetform" board. One of the recent
message suggests that Netscape is planning to enter that niche. You may be interested in that discussion.<<

Thanks for the heads up regarding Netscape from the Yahoo "JetForm" board. I haven't looked there for a while. I don't know what to think about Netscape entering the e-forms competition. If Netscape or Microsoft somehow could include powerful e-forms capability in their browsers it could be serious trouble for JetForms. On the other hand JetForms seems to be good at creating partnerships. A partnership with Microsoft would be more desirable I think. I'm afraid Netscape is in for a hard time holding market share. They were late in offering their browser while Microsoft was giving theirs away to gain share.

At work we're using browser software to access legacy systems and thus provide a common graphic user interface (GUI). I would much rather access a DB2 report by selecting a link from Netscape than getting into DB2 itself.

>>By the way, what is the CANSLIM approach?<<

I'll just give you the very short version and tell you where you can learn more. CANSLIM is an investing philosophy and method that was developed by William O'Neil (WON), Publisher of Investors Business Daily. Each of the letters in C-A-N-S-L-I-M stands for a criteria that WON has determined is important in investing success. The method is described in his book How to Make Money In Stocks.

Among other things, WON says that you should be in stocks that have accelerating earnings growth and have demonstrated growth in share price.

WON is doing a weekly article on aspects of CANSLIM in Investors Business Daily on Mondays. On Friday there was an excellent article on how to spot market tops. Either tomorrow or next Friday will be an article on identifying market bottoms.

For more information check out the CANSLIM board here on FOOL or on Yahoo (the discussions on the CANSLIM board on Yahoo is much more technically advanced but there is good discussion on the FOOL board too).

Hope I haven't given you more than you really wanted.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us