The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/greetings-dier71-and-welcome-you-asked-im-27-10292848.aspx

Subject:  Re: I want to retire early! Date:  8/25/1998  5:14 PM
Author:  TMFPixy Number:  5175 of 75336

Greetings, Dier71, and welcome. You asked:

I'm 27, and I'm just looking for a good way to retire early - not "sit around and eat bon bons" retire. I mean quit working a job, and do the things I WANT to do (golf, travel, raise my kids). I know this is possible, but the only people that I know who have done this in the last few years have started Amway Distributorships which have created large residual incomes for themselves. It's obviously a good, reputable business, but it's tough to get over the cynicism that people have about Amway. Does ANYONE know any other way to create a large residual income to produce an early retirement??

Well, lessee. You could win the lottery or the American Publishing House Sweepstakes. Or perhaps a filthy rich relative could die and leave you everything. Maybe you could invent the better mousetrap no one can live without. You could even rob a few banks or print money as you need it, but I don't really advocate either. Beyond those ideas, I guess you'll just have to earn your retirement like the rest of us. It's reached through something called work and investing. Sometimes the combination produces favorable results rapidly, and at other times it takes a number of years. Regardless of which, the approach is successful more often than not.

Regards….Pixy

Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us