The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/an-earlier-reply-wrote-ltltthe-only-people-10309977.aspx

Subject:  Re: I want to retire early! Date:  9/5/1998  1:15 PM
Author:  DeanPhillips Number:  5345 of 75600

An earlier reply wrote:
<<the only people that I know who have done this in the last few years have started Amway Distributorships which have created large residual incomes for themselves. It's obviously a good, reputable business, but it's tough to get over the cynicism that people have about Amway.>>

Not to mention the scads of people whose garages are filled with Amway products that they can't sell, having lost all their [former] friends, relatives, and casual aquaintances.

dier71 wrote:
<< Does ANYONE know any other way to create a large residual income to produce an early retirement?? >>

When I spent 22 years working for the government and ten in corporate America, I thought I was getting set for retirement. Had a nice home, some investments in 401k and self-directed IRA. After a few corporate downsizings due to corporate bankruptcy, a corporate buyout, and a division divestiture, I realized that control was not in my hands. I did not start an Amway distributorship. But I did start with another network marketing company and am growing a very large organization through a few committed people like me.

There are lots of people who are not "The millionaire next door" who are being successful in networking. Some of us are just carving a very nice extra income that we can use Foolishly. And you don't have to have garages full of product with today's fast distribution systems. I am affiliated with Enviro-Tech Int'l (NASDAQ BB: ETIC) and would welcome your inquiry. There are lots of companies like this one with great products and great people who might be just the ticket for an ambitious entrepreneur with a few years to devote to building a business. The tax breaks might be just the thing a retiree needs!

I gave this message lots of consideration before posting, because I know there are lots of misunderstandings about this business. Believe me, I had most of them before involving myself 16 months ago!
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us