The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retired Fools

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/how-about-some-topics-10333481.aspx

Subject:  How about some topics? Date:  9/22/1998  3:01 PM
Author:  Stony2 Number:  39 of 19330

Forgive me you fools.

Let this newbe make a suggestion. Would'nt this board be more useful if we could focus on topics with relevant threads? Permit me to suggest a few of the topics (already raised under the da da da 59 thread). There were a lot of informational topics that should be reincarnated and followed as threads. It would be nice if a TMFster would help us set some rules here.

Annuities .. rip off or not
Gold .. where is it headed? Should we care?
Allocation.. perspectives on
Nursing homes ..to die for?
IRAs.. to Roth or not
Taxes.. how to avoid or reduce

One of the premises for this board, if I understand it correctly, is to provide relevant financial discussion pertaining to those of us who are retired. Across that spectrum there are those who are tired of listening to advice selectively focused on the shavetail baby boomers and their collective wealth. Some of us, of another generation, need to sort out where we go from here, and the internet, and the media, are not addressing our concerns, and the emphasis on "not addressing" increases with the number of decades one has been on the planet.

My next post will attempt to address a topic. I know I have more questions than answers, and from what I peruse from this board most of us do.

Fool on

Stony

Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us