The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  Roth IRA conversion Date:  9/25/1998  4:36 PM
Author:  soccerboy Number:  5640 of 88099

In 1986 my wife set up a traditional IRA with a
roll over from a profit sharing plan. She was changing employers at the time. We have made several non-deductble contrbutions over the years. We want to convert to a Roth IRA but I read several months ago that there might be some tax problems since the
original amount came from a profit sharing plan. Does
antone know if there are any special rules for this
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us