The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  Re: Roth IRA conversion Date:  9/26/1998  11:06 AM
Author:  TMFPixy Number:  5659 of 78166

Greetings, Soccerboy, and welcome. You ask:

In 1986 my wife set up a traditional IRA with a roll over from a profit sharing plan. She was changing employers at the time. We have made several non-deductble contrbutions over the years. We want to convert to a Roth IRA but I read several months ago that there might be some tax problems since the original amount came from a profit sharing plan. Does antone know if there are any special rules for this scenario?

Obviously, the money came from a qualified retirement plan or the rollover would not have been allowed. The nondeductible annual IRA contri