The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/greetings-bentley1-and-welcome-you-asked-10342867.aspx

Subject:  Re: 403(B)s and 401K Date:  9/28/1998  5:01 PM
Author:  TMFPixy Number:  5702 of 76390

Greetings, Bentley1, and welcome. You asked:

Please Help. I have two 403(B) accounts through former employers that are loosing money with out the fees. I also have a small 401k (nonvested) with a present employer that I have stopped adding money to because it was showing losses even in June of this year. Is there any way that I can get out of these accounts without taxes/etc. that will kill me. So far fund managers say that I am stuck with them.

As far as your current 401k with your present employer, you're gonna be stuck with that until you leave that job. The 403b accounts, though, may be eligible for transfer to an IRA of your choice. That's because you no longer work for those employers, and most plans -- but not all -- will let you transfer that money when you no longer participate in them. Check with your 403b plan administrators to see if those plans do. If so, just have them sent to the IRA of your choice.

Regards.....Pixy
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us