The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  Tax-deferred annuity Date:  10/20/1998  2:00 AM
Author:  2gynkv Number:  6107 of 88520

Hello All,
I have a tax-deferred annuity account worth about 2K. I never claimed the principal off my income back in 95 when I opened it.

Can I, and if so, How do I roll-over this account into my Roth IRA? Do I first have to roll it over into a traditional IRA?

Since I never took a deduction for the principal will I still owe tax on the transfer?

Thank you, 2gynkv

Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us