The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  Re: What to do with 401K Date:  11/13/1998  11:01 AM
Author:  2gifts Number:  6597 of 88775

You should be able to roll-over your 401k funds to a self-directed IRA. When I left my last employer, I left the 401k money there til I got a handle on my new 401k. At that point, I decided that I would prefer to put my old 401k money into a self-directed IRA, so I just filled out some forms and sent them to my old employer. They processed the paperwork and rolled the funds over to my existing IRA.

You should be able to do the same thing.
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us