The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  Re: What to do with 401K Date:  11/13/1998  1:48 PM
Author:  TMFPixy Number:  6599 of 78166

<<My wife and I are self employed and have 401K (Mutual Funds) retained with our previous employers, earning 4-5% per annum. How can we move them into a more profitable investment without incurring a penalty.

We are also new members to an investment club and would like instructions on identifying worthwhile stocks to invest in.>>

You may transfer your old 401k money to an IRA with a fund/broker of your choice. Just tell your old employers and the fund/broker that's what you want to do, and they will guide you through