The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/greetings-jenny73-and-welcome-you-wrote-10445643.aspx

Subject:  Re: TSA and stock options Date:  12/4/1998  11:00 AM
Author:  TMFPixy Number:  6987 of 80001

Greetings, Jenny73, and welcome. You wrote:

<<HELP!! I'm just now starting investing for my retirement (I'm 25). I have 5 percent of my earning in a TSA account (stock index 40%; intl equities 20%; and small cap index 40%), and want to increase the amount to 10 % of my annual income. HOWEVER, I have just read "F4 Investment Guide" and am willing to make foolish investments and earn money to use at the same time (dividends?) I don't have a lump some of money, but am considereing continuing with the 5% and start investing in DRP's accounts. Any thoughts or opinions wil be greatly appreciated!!>>

I think it's super you have aimed high for your rate of retirement savings at your age. At the level you're planning, you won't have to worry and should even be able to retire quite comfortably at an early age. Ataloss suggested you read my 13 Steps to Foolish Retirement Planning, and I second that. I also suggest you include the Foolish Retirement Plan Primer. Both will help you as you decide on an appropriate course of action. They may be found at