The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Social Security Taxes on Conversion to Roth Date:  12/4/1998  1:16 PM
Author:  ChuckBennett Number:  6746 of 127513

Hello, I'm just trying to calculate all the ramifications of my converting a traditional IRA to a ROTH. I understand that I will have to include the converted amount as income on my tax return. What I need to know is if the conversion income is used to calculate FICA. Since I am self employed, I pay the whole tamale and I'm not sure if FICA was paid on the original investment in previous years.

Thanks for your help
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us