The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  Re: Foolish Four in an IRA Date:  12/5/1998  10:33 PM
Author:  zgriner Number:  7050 of 88543

how do I start an IRA that has only stocks in it and not mutual funds?

You need to open an IRA with a brokerage.

Go the Discount Broker area to decide which brokerage to use. Open account with them. Transfer what ever money you want to invest in stocks. Make your stock purchases. Voila!

Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us