The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/2-ways-u-may-open-a-roth-ira-with-etrade-one-is-10464316.aspx

Subject:  Re: IRA Roth Tax and E-Trade Date:  12/14/1998  11:14 PM
Author:  cigardan1 Number:  7190 of 121219

[2 ways u may open a Roth IRA with E*Trade. One is apply on-line and print out the form, signed it and mail together with ur check. Or u may request a Roth IRA package mail to u and fill it up, sign it and sent with payment. Make sure u designate u want a Roth IRA when applying. By the way, they charge 14.95 for NYSE and 19.95 for NASDAQ listings. ]

The same applies for Waterhouse. I converted from a previous 401k to a Roth, and Waterhouse was extremely helpful. I had to go from 401K(TRowePrice)to Conversion IRA(Waterhouse) to a Roth IRA(Waterhouse). I ordered the package, Called Waterhouse with my questions which they thoroughly answered, I filled out the paperwork, including the automatic transfer from TRowePrice, and Waterhouse did the rest. It took about 3 weeks from the time I sent the papers in to the time that I first traded. It was very easy.

By the way, Waterhouse is $12/trade.

Hope this helps.
Dan
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us