The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: custodial account Date:  12/15/1998  9:11 AM
Author:  TMFTaxes Number:  7205 of 124537

[[first year into custodial acct. for 6 yr old grand-
child with on-line brokerage firm. Have gained above
$650. ]]

But when you say "gained" you mean that you sold shares and realized capital gains of $650? Or does that mean that the value of your shares have increased by an amount of $650.

The first result (sold) is a taxab