The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/ive-run-into-a-problem-trying-to-open-my-wifes-10465083.aspx

Subject:  Re: Where to 403(b)(7) ? Date:  12/15/1998  12:16 PM
Author:  dweiss3 Number:  7311 of 76418

I've run into a problem trying to open my wife's 403(b)(7) account with Vanguard. They are not
willing to sign the "Hold Harmless" agreement required by the L. A. County Office of Education.

I wanted to open the account with Vanguard in order to invest in their index accounts. So, I would
like to find another mutual fund company who will sign the agreement required by the school
district. Maybe this is a long shot, and I will probably have to contact many companies, but does
anyone have any advice?

Also, on a related note, this 403(b) plan is often put into a T.S.A. How do Fools view this
investment vehicle?

Try T.Rowe Price. I just switched my wife's 403(b) account to them. They have an S&P 500 Index fund. They charge no set-up or maintenance fees. They are an authorized provider for my wife's school district. I an not familiar with the "Hold Harmless" agreement.

Regarding TSA's, I am not a fan of insurance companies as investment managers. We did not start my wife's 403(b) until the school district expanded the program to include mutual funds.

Hope this helps.

dweiss3

Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us