The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  Re: Where to 403(b)(7) ? Date:  12/15/1998  12:16 PM
Author:  dweiss3 Number:  7311 of 88771

I've run into a problem trying to open my wife's 403(b)(7) account with Vanguard. They are not
willing to sign the "Hold Harmless" agreement required by the L. A. County Office of Education.

I wanted to open the account with Vanguard in order to invest in their index accounts. So, I would
like to find another mutual fund company who will sign the agreement required by the school
district. Maybe this is a long shot, and I will probably have to contact many companies, but does
anyone have any advice?

Also, on a related note, this 403(b) plan is often put into a T.S.A. How do Fools view this
investment vehicle?

Try T.Rowe Price. I just switched my wife's 403(b) account to them. They have an S&P 500 Index fund. They charge no set-up or maintenance fees. They are an authorized provider for my wife's school district. I an not familiar with the "Hold Harmless" agreement.

Regarding TSA's, I am not a fan of insurance companies as investment managers. We did not start my wife's 403(b) until the school district expanded the program to include mutual funds.

Hope this helps.


Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us