The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  Re: Where to 403(b)(7) ? Date:  12/15/1998  2:14 PM
Author:  TMFPixy Number:  7315 of 87994

Greetings, Mchapman and welcome. You asked:

<<I've run into a problem trying to open my wife's 403(b)(7) account with Vanguard. They are not willing to sign the "Hold Harmless" agreement required by the L. A. County Office of Education.

I wanted to open the account with Vanguard in order to invest in their index accounts. So, I would like to find another mutual fund company who will sign the agreement required by the school district. Maybe this is a long shot, and I will probably have to contact many companies, but does anyone have any advice?

Also, on a related note, this 403(b) plan is often put into a T.S.A. How do Fools view this investment vehicle?>>

Other than calling around to other funds/brokers who will sign that agreement, there's not much else you can do. As to a TSA, you'll find within Fooldom they are not held in the highest regard. Annuities just aren't the favored investment around here.


Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us