The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: s. 402(c)(8)(B) Date:  12/20/1998  12:34 AM
Author:  jpantelias Number:  7381 of 127638

Thank you for taking the time to reply

Some time soon, I will have to take possession of a hundred thousand or so in deferred retirement. My state has notified me that when I withdraw the funds they may be "turned over" into an account governed by the above rules rather then taking cash. I'm guessing it is similar to a 401(k) (or a 403(b) which I also have).

So, what I really want to know: what are the rules that govern a 402(c).


Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us