The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/greetings-krueger-and-welcome-you-asked-10474805.aspx

Subject:  Re: BOND FUNDS Date:  12/21/1998  9:23 AM
Author:  TMFPixy Number:  7384 of 75642

Greetings, Krueger, and welcome. You asked:

<<I need help in the Bond Fund department.
Any good ones out there? I currently have Putnam High Yield Total Rtn...Im thinking of selling and buying all stocks..I have only lost money on this bond fund since I opened it in Jan. of 97....
Any ideas on if I should sell and what would be a better investment?>>

No one can offer any constructive answers to this question. A "better" investment is in the eyes of the beholder. What's "better" from my perspective may be totally inappropriate for you based on your goals, financial situation, investment knowledge and ability/willingness to assume risks in the investment world. This is a choice you and you alone have to make based on what you want and what you expect from your investment. If you prefer the relative "safety" of the bond market and bond funds, then certainly you should do some research on others available. That you can easily accomplish at a number of online sites. One of the best is www.morningstar.com .

Regards….Pixy

Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us