The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: How should kids report small DRiP dividends Date:  1/3/1999  11:05 PM
Author:  TMFTaxes Number:  7949 of 127617

[[Kids can earn up to $650.00 in unearned income without paying any taxes. This
amount may be incresed for 1998. The dividends will be reported to the IRS,
but assuming no other income at all, they need not report or file anything.]]

Please be aware that the $650 rate was the 1997 rate. The 1998 rate is actually $700.

For what it's worth...
TMF Taxes
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us