The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Social Clubs / Aruba's Isle of Revenge

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/radio-revenge-10509462.aspx

Subject:  Radio REVENGE Date:  1/9/1999  7:00 PM
Author:  hotfool Number:  1305 of 86584

Well gang, I strike AGAIN ---

Was on my way home from the Boy Scouts with my nephew in the car -- listening to the local radio station.

A young gentleman came on the radio questioning about school closings for the next day....My nephew recognized the voice of his best friend from his Special Olympics hockey team.

Well the radio DJ decided to make a little fun of this gentlemen for about 5 minutes on the air -- did everything from disguising his voice to basically doing a Howard Stern impersonation.

Well, by the time I got home, I had a nephew in tears because he couldn't understand why the radio guy was making fun of his friend.

Well, Uncle Jeffy stops by the radio station the next day and spoke to the programming director and we pulled the tape and listened to it -- needless to say, there were some rather lowered brows and pale faces when they heard the broadcast.

After some HEFTY discussion -- the radio station gave a $500 contribution to the Special Olympics and called the child parents and apologized....

God, I love it when a plan comes together....

Jeff

(I am thinking about doing this professionally!!)
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us