The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Depreciation Date:  1/27/1999  1:35 PM
Author:  fuzzduzz Number:  9058 of 127613

I'm an individual investor. I have a 9-5 job. In 96 I bought a computer and printer etc.. for investing purposes. I used the computer about 75% for investing. In 96 and 97 I used Tax Cut software to do my taxes. It filled out the form 4562 for the depreciation. I got a figure and thought that the software would transfer that figure to the correct line on Schedual A.
I'm now finding out that it didn't. so I filed my returns with these forms attached and never acually got the depreciation. Other than going back and amending my returns is there anything I can do that won't get me audited????
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us