The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Stocks J / JLK Direct Distribution

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/like-you-i-know-this-company-very-well-i-have-10564824.aspx

Subject:  Re: Has JLK hit bottom??? Date:  1/31/1999  12:50 PM
Author:  ricklow Number:  5 of 15

Like you, I know this company very well. I have known this company since Joel & Irwin started it - J&L stands for Joel and Laurie. JLK stock is driven by KMT. As you may remember in Sept of last year, top mgmt (M.R. and henchmen) was purged and KMT stepped in with their own guy to run things (same guy that originally set up the purchase of J&L for KMT). He is a finance guy and has made major changes of late i.e. cut resale discounts to dealers. Stopped all acqisitions of traditional dealers (Strong Tool lost tons of $ for JLK). Of all the catalogers JLK has the brightest future for one reason only...KMT.Deep pockets. JLK will do exceptionally well long term because they are on track now and have the backing of one of the most powerful metal working companies in the world. Stay away from MSC - just can't be doing what they are doing - figures don't add up.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us